I know it can be like standing between a rock and a hard place when you start out on the music artist journey. There is gear to buy, skills to learn and develop. It can be a costly process and taking on regular work can interfere with the creative flow and opportunities to perform.
In order to help developing artist get a leg up I offer a few places with part scholarships so artists can work on their voice and performance.
There are a set of selection criteria, listed below. If are in need of a ‘break’ and you fit the criteria get in contact and I will send you the full application form.
PART SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
To be eligible the candidate must:
A. – Be able to demonstrate a financial need &/or be a full-time student at a recognised performance/music institution
B. Pass the following selection criteria and meet the following conditions
- Performance Audition: two songs of contrasting tempo/feel. If candidate is a songwriter then an original song should be included
- Attend a personal interview with Line Hilton
- The candidate will submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) The CV will include relevant education, performance achievements to date.
- The candidate will submit a brief (1 page) Career Plan including future artistic goals and how these will be achieved along with an estimated timeline.
- If available, copies of current recording/compositions should also be supplied.
- The candidate will supply two letters of reference one personal (though not from a family member) and the other work/academic related.
- The candidate will attend a minimum of 1 (one) thirty-minute lesson per week. Missing two weeks or more without prior discussion will result in revocation of scholarship
- The scholarship will allow the candidate to have lessons with Line Hilton at an agreed reduced hourly rate predetermined by Line Hilton. Discounts for bulk-prepaid lessons are not available to successful scholarship candidates.
- Lesson Cancellation and Contagious Illness Policies will apply.
- The period of the scholarship covers an agreed period with reviews on dates set by SVS following the date of commencement of scholarship.
- Line Hilton reserves the right to discontinue the scholarship status with one weeks notice.
- The student has the right to discontinue lessons with Line Hilton with one weeks notice.
- The Part Scholarship is renewable at the discretion of Line Hilton
C. Sign an agreement with Line Hilton to adhere to the conditions of the scholarship